Smart Meter instillation on a life support residence

wombat2509
Semiconductor
2 Replies 10198 Views

We had solar panels installed on the 14th of Feb applied for a meter and waited. After a number of calls  to AGL my wife was told that AGL was not installing meters on life support premises. I have made further calls and we were given an installation date of between 28/4 to 5/4 on the 29/3 (Thursday of Easter)I called to see what was going on as we had not heard anything and was told that due to legal reasons the installation was on hold but they had been told just 2 hours before that a decision would be made on the 3/4(Easter Tuesday). The 3/4 came and still no decision has been made the solar panels are sitting on the roof doing nothing and we have been told not to turn them on. Is there any end in sight is the question or do we remove the life support or get another’s provider.

5 REPLIES 5
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 10194 Views

Hey wombat2509,

Welcome to the Community!

It's disappointing to hear that you've been given such mixed messages from our team with no resolution in sight. If you'd like us to look into this for you, please send me a private message including your AGL account details and I'll take a closer look at things.

Kind regards,

Jayden

wombat2509
Semiconductor
1 Reply 10146 Views

Hi Jayden

I sent the Account Number but still have no answers someone in your organisation should be able to answer the question as to why this is going on and why also how long do we have to wait????

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 10140 Views

Hey wombat2509,

I'm sorry that you've been left out of the loop! I'll look into things a be in touch with you ASAP.

Kind regards,

Jayden

MF
Switched-on
1 Reply 10113 Views

I am having the exact same issue. I have spoken to so many people and they are saying no they can't assist me or install due to legislation which they could not provide me the details of. No one has a clue and it is extremely disappointing that we are getting punished for having life support on premises. Originally we were told it would be a few weeks, then it was in 2 weeks time. Then it was after ANZAC day and today back to no answer. We have been waiting almost 2 months now. 

@wombat2509 wrote:

We had solar panels installed on the 14th of Feb applied for a meter and waited. After a number of calls  to AGL my wife was told that AGL was not installing meters on life support premises. I have made further calls and we were given an installation date of between 28/4 to 5/4 on the 29/3 (Thursday of Easter)I called to see what was going on as we had not heard anything and was told that due to legal reasons the installation was on hold but they had been told just 2 hours before that a decision would be made on the 3/4(Easter Tuesday). The 3/4 came and still no decision has been made the solar panels are sitting on the roof doing nothing and we have been told not to turn them on. Is there any end in sight is the question or do we remove the life support or get another’s provider.

wombat2509
Semiconductor
0 Replies 10106 Views

My wife rang AGL the other day and was told that there are 15 people with this problem, that they were being case managed and AGL will start contacting them by phone after the 26th of May. She will not be happy if they don’t follow through.