Energy Production Idea

atticusjxn
Switched-on
4 Replies 8296 Views

I have been researching Atmospheric Water Generators over the last few months after I had the idea of creating energy from the hydro energy of an AWG. The concept is simple, you have a farm of AWG's connected to batteries. These batteries power the condenser's and the energy going into the batteries comes from the hydro turbines beneath the water runoff. The excess energy not powering the AWG's goes into a separate battery that sends power to AGL customers. If anyone at AGL is interested in discussing this topic my email is atticusjxn@gmail.com.

4 REPLIES 4
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 8287 Views

Sounds like a perpetual motion machine! Unfortunately we have to comply with the laws of thermodynamics here at AGL, but I'm definitely glad you're thinking big, @atticusjxn😁

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 8239 Views
atticusjxn AWG's I had to look up, You are talking about condensate from a refrigeration system in essence. In my Navy days we heated salt water into steam. We then collected the condensate and did one of two things with it, If it was PURE water we put into a PURE WATER tank for use in BATTERIES or BOILERS. To make POTABLE water (drinkable) we had to flash over the water and introduce some salt water into the output. The Human Body cannot drink PURE WATER and it must have some contaminates in it. These days they put water under pressure through filters to make it potable. To make DISTILLED WATER I believe they still have to heat it to steam and then condense it. In the outback (or for yourself) they have solar condensers to convert brackish water into potable water. Due to the salt in the water (and the compounding issues of salt buildup) these devises need constant repairs and ongoing costs. Drinking water produced by plants in SYDNEY, MELBOURNE and ADELAIDE cost about 7 times the amount of NATURAL WATER. So as David has stated there is no thing as perpetual motion. To make steam we need heat, heat requires energy (COAL, GAS, ETC) and then the cycle starts. Anyway thanks for making me think about this after nearly 45 years in putting it into practice on a ship at sea. Cheers Neil
Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
atticusjxn
Switched-on
0 Replies 8230 Views

Thank you @NeilC and @David_AGL for your constructive feedback. I agree that if this machine where to exist the maintenance would be constant, this would likely be due to the regular oxidization of parts due to the constant flow of water and air in a condensed space. However, I am still adamant on getting this idea off it's feet one day, even if it's just an experiment that fails, I am still curious to see the outcome and tweak it. I am still only a year 9 student with plenty of years of education left.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 8178 Views

@atticusjxn It's awesome that you are thinking about these types of problems! Ambitious thinking is definitely required to drive the future of energy. I'm going to move this thread out of the "ideas" section and over to the Renewables & Energy Technology board.