Dollar per day electric car charge

BWSS
Powerhouse
2 Replies 23318 Views

I do wish AGL would go the long yard and explain ALL about offerings, I'm sure it would not take long to do so. I was on the verge in signing up having doing my homework from a financial point of view which was in my favour till I was informed I had to first immediately start on a new plan, 14% pay on time whereas I am currently on 30%! That was the first problem, I was then told that my charger had to be on a separate dedicated line, if not on a dedicated line  would have to wear the full costs to make it conform to AGL, catch as, I had to sign up first, still go on the lower tariff and await an inspection. 

As bad as all that was, last surprise, as I was on VPP the command software supplied with the VPP was not compatible I would lose all use of the command software, totally useless in my view. When will AGL get their act together and either state their policy in full and leave nothing to be questioned.

I had enough of the hidden costs of the VPP so won’t be going through that all again. I should also add that part of the installation is the modify my existing charger to the point that it is rendered useless to be used anywhere else, certainly not outside the confines of my house as is the case right now.

Lastly, part of the reason I went on the VPP was the lure of 30% pay on time discount, a week or two ago I found that the 30% would disappear, of course being stuck with AGL meant I had nothing to bargain with. To close on  brighter note, AGL now offer a much better deal on FIT, small consolation though.

I think it’s time we AGL users shared more of our financial dealings with each other on his thread to better understand what is really going on.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
10 REPLIES 10
Jordanemm
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 21359 Views

Thank you for your contribution (as always) Rob. 

You have raised a valid point, and this feedback is duly noted. I will ensure that the team is made aware of these complications that our customers face.

Cheers, Jordan

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Samjy
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 21348 Views

Thanks Rob for your contributions here.

You’ve provided us with feedback which helps us to identify areas for improvement as we progress on our “new energy” journey with Virtual Power Plants and Electric Vehicles.

The AGL Electric Car Plan (ECP) was launched as a standalone campaign/discount which can’t currently be selected in combination with other campaigns/discounts. Our goal is to make Electric Vehicles easy – by removing the obstacles to ownership, and enhancing the ownership experience. The ECP and related products will continue to evolve over time, and we’ve taken your observations on board as an area for further development.

Sam8000000
Conductor
1 Reply 19254 Views
I’ve switched 2 properties to this plan because of a new Tesla charger at each house.

1 house in sydney seems fine but the house in Crackenback NSW has hit a big issue.
The switch was completed successfully from origin energy.
I am in the first cycle of billing with ACTEWAGL so I called them to log on and confirm everything was OK.

They have told me the they DON’T offer the $1 per day capped charge for the electric vehicle.

Can you advise what is happening? Will i get a separate bill from AGL for the electric vehicle $1/day charge or has there been a major mistake and ACTEWAGL will charge me full rate for the electric vehicle?
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 19253 Views

Hi Sam8000000,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Could I please confirm if AGL installed both of these chargers for you, or were the installed by another company?

Kind regards,

Jayden

Sam8000000
Conductor
1 Reply 19249 Views

Agl don’t install tesla chargers. They only install the separate meter to monitor it. That was done by the same technician who did the Sydney meter and the Crackenback meter. Both in NSW just 485km apart by car.

Servicestream has been the email address communicating with me over the last 12 months of this install.

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 19245 Views

Hi Sam8000000,

My apologies for the misunderstanding!

The suburb of Crackenback falls into the 'ACTEW' region. This means that AGL are unable to bill you in any capacity for electricity consumed at the property. As a result, it is highly likely that ACTEW will bill you at a standard rate for electricity consumed by your car charger at this property unless they offer the same promotion as AGL. This is information that will be best confirmed directly by ACTEW.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Sam8000000
Conductor
1 Reply 19241 Views

I contacted AGL, you, to put me on this plan, not ACTEWAGL. I would not have bothered to switch otherwise which has taken many emails, phone calls, even an AGL technician to drive from Sydney to Crackenback to install a remote meter for the charger. You put me onto them. I didn’t even know they existed.

Now after all that, I’m still not on the plan.

What’s next steps to resolve this quickly?

Sam8000000
Conductor
1 Reply 19240 Views

The company is not Actew on the letter...it “

@Sam8000000 wrote:

I contacted AGL, you, to put me on this plan, not ACTEWAGL. I would not have bothered to switch otherwise which has taken many emails, phone calls, even an AGL technician to drive from Sydney to Crackenback to install a remote meter for the charger. You put me onto them. I didn’t even know they existed.

Now after all that, I’m still not on the plan.

What’s next steps to resolve this quickly?

ActewAGL”

Sam8000000
Conductor
1 Reply 19239 Views

The bill is from “ActewAGL” not Actew