BYO Modem Settings - PPPoE username/password settings

FrankS
Conductor
7 Replies 65848 Views

Hi Team,

As a new customer, I am trying to connect the BYO modem to AGL NBN internet service. Can you please let me know how to fill in the Username and Password in my Modem? Thanks

FrankS_0-1658738779845.png

52 REPLIES 52
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 36019 Views

Hi @FrankS ,

You'll find specific details for setting up your own device on the Set Up Your Own Device help page.

FrankS
Conductor
1 Reply 36015 Views

Hi David

I did not receive the Welcome email, can you please resent it to me?

I did wait a few hours to have a chance to talk with AGL technical team, he told me the user name and password both are AGL account number, however, I am not so lucky to connect my internet. I will spend another hour calling them tomorrow. 

FrankS
Conductor
2 Replies 36007 Views

Confirmed, the pppoe username and password are AGL Account Number. The internet is connected.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 36004 Views

Fantastic, thanks for confirming.

Zia
Switched-on
6 Replies 35880 Views

Thank you David. After guessing my email address, account number without "acc", I figured out the mystery. 

I am sorry AGL but your Internet set up support is horrible. Instead of your useless pages, it would have helped a lot if you could just write use your account number in lower case and in full. I have not received any instructions for BYO modem settings and finally found this thread. The funny thing is that I have received my bill before my Internet. This is not nice and I am very annoyed. 😞

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 35873 Views

Hi @Zia  - agreed, this should absolutely be in the instructions, and I put in a request to update those Help pages after the original post here. I don't think the change has gone through yet, but it should be on the way. Sorry you had this trouble!

Gazzahh
Conductor
0 Replies 35820 Views

Hi Zia,

How long did you waited till your lower case account number worked, after receiving AGL's SMS of your NBN connection has been completed?

I got the SMS at 8pm and now it's 10:53pm. Tried a couple of times and still doesn't work at all. (I was transferred from TPG)

Cheers

BrettBW
Switched-on
1 Reply 35800 Views

THIS IS NOT SOLVED. 

I got the text 3 hours ago and have tried every combination listed below and still no luck. Please reply with exactly the PPOE settings for username and password should be!

Izzy1980
Switched-on
3 Replies 35622 Views

Did this ever get solved? I have the same issue. Using my own modem and scratching my head at what username and password to use for PPPoE settings? 
username: account number? (Just the digits?)

password: account number again?