Undischarged Bankruptcy Question

John446
Switched-on
1 Reply 7017 Views

Hi,

I'm an undischarged bankrupt trying to get gas and electricity connected.

Its a bit sad but I have been knocked back by 2 retailers without any sort of pathway being presented for actually having utilities connected.

It adds a considerable degree of insecurity to me and my children (who I share custody of)

I understand that bankruptcy is serious and reduces my worth to a number between 1 and several thousand.

Im just wondering if anyone in the AGL community has dealt with a situation like this and if so any tips?

It will be very cold and dark in my new flat very soon, I think 

3 REPLIES 3
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 7009 Views

Hi John446,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you've found yourself in this difficult position. If you can send me a quick private message (by clicking on my username - "jaydeny") with your address, I'll be happy to confirm who the "default energy retailer" for your address is. This retailer, if it's not AGL, will have an obligation to connect your power irrespective of your financial history.

Kind regards,

Jayden 

Doug2113
Switched-on
1 Reply 6845 Views

My sister is in the same situation, been declined by 4 energy providers due to bankruptcy. She is a single mum with 2 children. How can I find someone to connect her?

Kalia
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 6826 Views

Hi,

Welcome to AGL community.

I would recommend searching in google to find the default retailer in your area.

They should be able to further assist you.

Thank you for contacting us!

Kind Regards,

Kalia