Billed to the wrong meter?

Croke
Switched-on
1 Reply 5189 Views

Hi I have recently found out I have been getting charge for next doors meter and have been for the past two years which means I have been over paying electricity.  I am trying to find out if AGL should be refunding the overpaid money to me as the correct meter reading is no where near what I have been charge for.  They are in the process on putting me on the correct meter but was just trying to find out if they owe me money or if its my bad luck they read it wrong in the first place.

Any help is muchly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 5180 Views

Hi Croke,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

If you have paid amounts for an incorrect meter, you essentially have two options:

1. Contact AGL once your new account for the correct meter has been opened to transfer these credits to your active account to apply against future bills.
  2. Contact AGL now and request that these credits be refunded to your bank account.

You're very welcome to contact our customer service team via web chat here to request either option at a time that suits you!

Kind regards,

Jayden

Croke
Switched-on
1 Reply 5177 Views

Hi thankyou for the information i have been paying wrong meter since 2016 will they refund the amount since then? 

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 5175 Views

Hi Croke,

If it has been established that you're not responsible for this meter, then any amounts that you have paid should be refunded to you irrespective of when you paid them.

Kind regards,

Jayden