Energy use on my bill

RussellR
Switched-on
2 Replies 1564 Views

Hi team

I recently received a bill for my new build, at present the only energy use (electricity only) has been excluselively for construction, entirely day use and yet my "energy insights" says I have used 38% of my power for hot water, up 52% on my last bill if you didn't know!!!!

20% on cooking, 14% on entertaining, 10% on lighting 9% on laundry and 9% on other.

Well what a crock of **bleep**!!!!

I hope no one is making decisions on where to save power based on these bull**bleep**e energy usage assessments.

our energy useage in this bill is $3.98, with the remaining $106 being supply charge.

To the AGL moderator: can you explain this bull**bleep**e? are you assuming that everyone is the same? you kobviously no nothing about my energy usage, or my home, so please explain how this fraudulent information is of any value to anyone?

How can any consumer make meaningful decisions when they are fed misinformation?

2 REPLIES 2
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 1287 Views

Hi @RussellR ,

Sorry to hear the Energy Insights report hasn't been useful to you. As you say, we don't actually know about how you use energy in your home, so we use a combination of your usage patterns from smart meter data, home profile info, weather, and other data to estimate your energy costs by appliance. Of course, this will never be perfect, but in most situations it can give some useful insight into where your energy use is likely going. 

You can get more accurate information by completing the details your Home Profile via your My Account page, or if you'd rather not receive the report at all, simply unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the email.

For more detailed information, check out our AGL Energy Insights help page.

Barney867
Conductor
0 Replies 1267 Views

@RussellR wrote:

Hi team

I recently received a bill for my new build, at present the only energy use (electricity only) has been excluselively for construction, entirely day use and yet my "energy insights" says I have used 38% of my power for hot water, up 52% on my last bill if you didn't know!!!!

20% on cooking, 14% on entertaining, 10% on lighting 9% on laundry and 9% on other.

mymilestonecard

Well what a crock of **bleep**!!!!

I hope no one is making decisions on where to save power based on these bull**bleep**e energy usage assessments.

our energy useage in this bill is $3.98, with the remaining $106 being supply charge.

To the AGL moderator: can you explain this bull**bleep**e? are you assuming that everyone is the same? you kobviously no nothing about my energy usage, or my home, so please explain how this fraudulent information is of any value to anyone?

How can any consumer make meaningful decisions when they are fed misinformation?

I'm in addition encountering this issue. Know don't near anything regarding the inspiration driving why it's strategy.