BYO Modem Settings

MikeD
Switched-on
4 Replies 7635 Views

Hi 

New to AGL and BYO modem transferred from our overpriced multinational corporate provider (Starts with T) using previously used NBN Technicolour modem at same connection speed plan of 100mbs. 

Since the change over I am getting drops and Wi-Fi latency  2.4 and 5 issues. 

I can not find anywhere in the AGL documentation of what settings need to be set up (User settings etc), to replace the old bigpond info and user name etc. 

I want to stay with AGL but the drop outs and issues could be easily solved by providing some guidance on BYO modem set-ups (basic essential info such as account name, password). 

7 REPLIES 7
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 7579 Views

Hi @MikeD. Did you manage to get these issues ironed out? Support should be able to assist with setup of most BYO modems. What model were you using in this case?

MikeD
Switched-on
1 Reply 7563 Views

Hi 

Still getting drop outs and the BYOP modem link in your support docs is missing (404 error). 

Do I contact your support or Southern Phone support to get this sorted out?  My modem indicates the connection provider is Southern Phone whom I am assuming you buy services off? 

Thanks - just need the config settings. Telstra Gateway FTTN NBN Modem NTP configs etc. 

Tara_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 7501 Views

Hi @MikeD,

Great question, we would love you to please reach out to our friendly AGL Technical Support team. Southern Phone was kind enough to help us out with modem stock during a shortage we experienced earlier in the year, we remaiin absolutely happy to help and toubleshoot with you.

Zia
Switched-on
0 Replies 7301 Views

This is not helpful at all. 

Jonzales
Switched-on
0 Replies 6061 Views

I believe your AGL account number is used for both user name and password when setting up.

mralph
Switched-on
0 Replies 5721 Views

Need modern 

BrettRae
Switched-on
0 Replies 4351 Views

Internet is always dropping out!!! So over it!