General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

rewards

Semiconductor

What has happened to the rewards  all useless offers now especially for regional people. A handful.of gift cards for stores that I have never used., and are not based in regional areas. What happened to Coles etc  useful rewards. Now one of the biggest benefits from being with AGL has  become void

9 REPLIES 9

AGL Community Manager

Hi @Mel66 , we recently changed our Rewards program to partner directly with retailers. More rewards will continue to be added in the near future. 

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.

Switched-on

I am very disappointed to learn that you no longer offer Woolworths or Coles discount cards.  The response that you are now working directly with retailers is a little incredulous as you are only offering the cards available from The Card Network group.  

Please bring back the retailers directly. Its the only reason I signed up with AGL in the first instance and the cards on offer now are next to useless to anyone who doesn't live in the city.

AGL Moderator

Hi hdhrcjj,

Thanks for being part of the AGL Community.

Due to the recent changes with our Rewards system, there are limited ranges available at the moment, but more retailers will be added soon! We know a lot of our customers love the supermarket gift cards.

Kind Regards,

Jenna 

Semiconductor

My question is how often do you use any of these online retailers?the only one I use is ebay but not all the time. Spas and cinemas and restaurants,  nowhere near regional people, not that I frequent them either. Coles and woolies were good everyday for most people. Recently gave us a Coles voucher to use but can only use it once! Now still no decent rewards, maybe reduce the electricitycosts instead if not going to offer any decent rewards anymore. That would benefit everyone,  take an extra 5% off or something. .

Switched-on

I never use these online retailers. Like yourself (and I live in the inner city of Sydney) I had been using the Coles and Woolies frequently and they were a big plus. I keep going back to see what's on offer and it's the same rubbish introduced last year. The one-off Coles voucher has not been repeated.  AGL Rewards are a complete waste and not anything to attract me to or to stay with AGL.

Switched-on

Hi, 

When is soon? You posted 2 months ago that new retailers would be added, but still no sign of any retailer worth using.

Semiconductor

Yep its now April 2021, 5 months since the change and no new or decent retail rewards. These gift cards on offerr are useless to the everyday struggling family. A saving on groceries really helped,these gift cards are certainly not rewards. 

Superconductor

The problem with a discount on groceries is that groceries already have a slim margin, meaning the grocery store is less likely to participate in the offer with AGL. I assume companies like movie theatres front a lot of the cost of these rewards. 

Accompanying discounts on movies, shoes etc., there are flybuys and energy discounts which you can see here. This is the closest to a discount at Coles/Woolies that I could find.

Of course, I'd also like to see better rewards. AGL is already very cheap, though, so I worry they'd increase their price to increase their rewards. 

AGL Community Manager

Hi all,

Good news! As of today we've refreshed AGL Rewards to add 18 new offers, including the popular grocery discounts with Coles and Woolworths. You can check out the new offers on your Rewards page in My Account.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.