Victorian Energy Concession Rebates incorrectly Applied

don3192
Conductor
1 Reply 6906 Views

I have just been notified that AGL has incorrectly applied Victorian Energy Concessions and I will be sent bills backdated to March 2019.

The email sent states -

"

We recently identified that since March 2019 your Victorian Energy Concession rebate has been incorrectly calculated and we've overpaid the concession rebate you're eligible for, for the site listed below.

As a result, we'll need to reverse the additional rebate amount and reissue you with a new bill, which you'll receive next week. The new bill will have a revised outstanding amount and due date, so please take note of these sections.

As you have a direct debit active on your account, the amount will be automatically debited on the due date."

How and Why did this happen? What percentage of the rebate was originally applied?

Although I am awaiting the new bill, I have calculated instead of giving me a rebate on one billing cycle of $18 AGL have applied a rebate of $88. Another billing cycle - $64 should have been rebated instead $206 given to me. (roughly). Now I am meant to pay the differences in both Gas and Electricity.

Its your ERROR AGL not mine.

2 REPLIES 2
HollyBla
Switched-on
1 Reply 6887 Views

This happened to me as well. Surely this is not our mistake to have to pay for. 

don3192
Conductor
0 Replies 6884 Views

Hi HollyBla,

Sadly it seems we will have to pay for it. When i received the adjusted accounts, not only did they adjust the rebates they also corrected the power and supply charges which they also incorrectly charged. My Electricity  account has been adjusted to me owing $184 and the Gas an extra $25.  Once the media gets hold of this AGL hopefully might have second thoughts.