Unable to get support from AGL on AGL installed solar system (Solis)

Alexy
Switched-on
1 Reply 5150 Views

We have installed a 5.3KW solar panel system via AGL that comes with a Solis inverter approximately 1 year ago.  The inverter (Solis) broke down 1 year after installation.   A new inverter (same as the original) was installed 1 month ago and it has broken down completely 2 weeks ago.

Tried contacting AGL solar team on 1300 377 118 at least 20 times from yesterday and today.  All i get is an answering machine requesting to leave message and someone will call back. Tried that and still received nil response.  

Written in to AGL solar team via email in 3 separate occasions on solarcustomerservice@agl.com.au requesting for maintenance  / support and received nil response.

Does anyone encountered similar issues with the AGL installed Solis inverter?  Also,  anyone having issues in contacting AGL solar support team?

2 REPLIES 2
-Steve-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 5127 Views

Hi Alexy,

I'm sorry you have had this experience, it certainly not what we want to occur.  Has the solar team gotten back to you yet? If not please reach out via private message with the account details so we can follow up for you.

Kind Regards,

Steven

Alexy
Switched-on
0 Replies 5120 Views

Steve, the solar team has reverted.  I understand that a second new inverter will be installed.  Accordingly,  a warranty claim was submitted to the manufacturer "Solis" to replace our faulty new inverter.    By way of background,  this is 2nd inverter (Solis) will replace our old inverter (Solis).  Our old inverter only has a one year lifespan.  The new inverter (2nd inverter that replaces our old inverter) has a lifespan of 1 month. 

I am seriously not confident and not happy with the inverter (Solis) supplied and sold by AGL.  I was given the assurances that Solis is a good product and AGL only supply good quality solar product at the time of purchased.  2 dead inverters in slightly over a year period.  If this new inverter (the 3rd Solis inverter) die again, I wish to request for a full refund of my solar investment.