No longer able to download CSV data

DanF
Conductor
2 Replies 52432 Views

I used to be able to go into my usage and download my usage data in 30 minute intervals each time my meter was read. The AGL website would also graph the daily usage. But now it just shows quarterly usage with no ability to download the underlying granular usage data.

Can I get the functionality to download the data back? The new usage page is pretty useless.

35 REPLIES 35
Maca99
Conductor
1 Reply 15931 Views

Hello David.

We have a smart meter, but still no download icon.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 15923 Views

@Maca99 if you're using a smart meter and still can't see the download icon, the first step would be to contact support and explain the issue. They'll pass the details on to IT who will investigate what may have gone wrong.

Maca99
Conductor
2 Replies 15917 Views

To everyone having this issue, I did a live chat, and was given the below link

https://refer.agl.com.au/forms/request-metering-data/

On this page, you will be privileged enough to spend 10 minutes filling in a form, to apply to have the data sent to you.

Given it could take up to 10 business days to arrive, no idea of the results that will be sent, or in what layout.

When I mentioned "It is interesting that AGL have now made it far more complicated to access the data, that was freely available to just download from the web site", I was told that my feed back would be shared with the IT team.

More to follow, but probably in 10 working days.

DanF
Conductor
1 Reply 15915 Views

The data that is provided via the link to request data is wrong. It does not reconcile to the bill as it appears to truncate the usage data I.e. All the numbers get rounded down. The previous data on the website matched exactly to the bill.

gku
Semiconductor
0 Replies 15912 Views

Interesting to see at the bottom of the request data form page that it mentioned existing AGL customers can view and "Download" their metering data ...

clipboard_image_0.png

But in reality it's not and no one in AGL would like to fix it.

Maca99
Conductor
1 Reply 15853 Views

OK, 3 weeks, no data usage file.

Anybody at AGL care to explain why?

Was there really any point spending the time to complete that form?

If this detailed data will never be available again, just say so. Then we can all go looking for a provider who will provide it.

-Nam-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 15844 Views

Hi Maca99! 

I'm sorry that it's taken quite some time for you to get the usage report. My Account will only provide you an option to download your usage data if you have a smart meter on site. If you have a manually read interval meter, you can have a chat with us on Messaging on your My Account and we can send that file to you directly. 

Kind regards, 

Nam

Maca99
Conductor
1 Reply 15828 Views

Hello Nam,

As I've said before, I do have a smart meter, and I have the downloaded 1/2 hourly usage data, from 22/1/2016, up until the last time I did it, 3rd April this year.

In case it helps clear things up, the device type specified in my 56k rows of data, is MRIM.

The meter was installed when our home was built, in 2014.

Now where do I go?

Thanks,

maca99

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 15814 Views

Maca99,

Hi, MRIM codes appear to be specific to the 7 power network suppliers in VIC.

Your "MyDataUsage_" file does not include MRIM codes if your file is the same as my SA file.

I don't have a copy of a VIC "MyUsageData_" file but do have a copy of a NSW file.

I have written programme's to decode the "MyUsageData_" file which I use to keep track of my meter readings and to predict my Bill and calculate the amount I have to pay each fortnight towards my bill.

Now I don't know what program you use to connect to the Internet nor the Operating System that you use.

It may assist AGL (and me), if you supply the full details of of the programme's you use to access the Web (IE, EDGE, Firefox etc) the OS you use (Win7, Win95, Win10, etc) also please supply the VERSION numbers of each of them.

Cheers

Neil

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
Tony3
Switched-on
2 Replies 15755 Views

Hi - I've got a smart meter, and used to be able to access the data, but now can't - where do we go from here?