General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Missing/mis/information - Peak Energy Rewards and Messaging

Switched-on

AGL is offering Rewards for energy saving efforts. The information provided is well short of details.  $5 saved for one hour - but only $10 for 2-3 hours - what happened to the last hour? information about how much energy (electrical devices) must be turned off to qualify for the 'rewards' is not stated. And apparently, AGL can change the rates at will. This whole package seems to be a genuine attempt to manage energy consumption BUT this package requires much more clarity before anyone should sign up. 

At one AGL web page, it says to leave a "message" after opening up your account - but there is no "message facility" on the My Account web page.   

2 REPLIES 2

AGL Community Manager

Hi @PPB , are you referring to the Peak Energy Rewards program here?

You should be able to see a message icon in the bottom right of your page when you're logged into your My Account. If you don't see one, that may mean there's a technical issue.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.

Switched-on

On the 'contact-us' AGL URL page there is an option to "leave a message". clicking on it does not provide any facility to leave a message. On the bottom right of the page there is what I presume is a Chat icon (as that is where most chat icons are) - but I didnt want to engage in a chat - I wanted to leave a message. The icon gives no indication that it is there for messaging. It would be better to actually open up a message window - or at least indicate that the icon is a facility to leave messages. That facility needs remedial action. 

As for my specific issue - the Reward Program being offered for turning off usage is way short of details. A user might or might not be entitled to $5 or $10 reward for turning off some unknown amount of usage for some indeterminate period.  Seriously? that is not very explicit. The project is worthy and may assist system overloads but users should be given more precise information on how the system will work. Will they be giving up their usage on a fair cost-benefit basis - both for the user and AGL? .