General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Installing Solar - can I pay my gas bill with solar credits

Switched-on

I am wishing to install Solar to my house. I use gas also for heating and cooking. I have both electric and gas accounts with you. If I install solar will the credits be able to be used against my gas bill?

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3

AGL Community Manager

Hi @Moonraker . Yes, you can pay your gas bill with credits from solar. Currently you'll need to send us a message whenever you wish to do that, but we're looking to automate this in future.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.

Switched-on

Hi David, I was going to offer the same suggestion. Am I able to transfer credit by sending a message? When I called today the person I spoke to said I would need to call again when I had the next gas bill

AGL Community Manager

Hi @Charlie_78 ,

Unfortunately right now you do need to get in touch each time you want to pay a bill this way, but you can do it via a message through the app or My Account - you don't need to call.

In future we're hoping to offer the ability to pay with credit yourself, or use it automatically. It's a very popular feature request.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.