General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Hardship Policy

Superconductor

Hi team,

I reviewed your hardship policy and 2 points drew my attention. I'd simply love to hear more - perhaps your other customers do also. 

1) If a customer breaks their payment plan twice in 12 months, you 'do not have to offer' another payment plan & you 'might disconnect' the customers energy. Of course I appreciate the tentative language allows for employee judgement, but I have concerns that their might not be sufficient controls in place to ensure the broken arrangement was of the customers fault (as opposed to the employee overreaching by not assessing competently). I'd love to see what avenue of appeal a customer has where their arrangement has broke twice - is it simply that you want the customer to call & escalate their concerns?

2) Employees are not entitled to hardship (or 'staying connected' at least) without SM approval. Why? Employees are humans and susceptible to financial difficulty like anyone else. 

Thank you for your time

1 REPLY 1

AGL Community Manager

Hi @Panda 

Great questions that I don't know the answers to myself! I'll pass them on to the right folks and see if I can get back to you with the answers.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.