General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Controlled Load - SA - New Variable Charges

Switched-on

I'm in SA. I've just received a change of rates notice from AGL, which includes time zones with varying rates (Peak / Off Peak / Shoulder). Previously, my understanding was the controlled load only functioned off peak.

Question1:

I have a HWS connected to controlled load. Will this now function throughout the day? If not - how is the timing managed?

Question2:

I have solar. Will devices connected to controlled load consume solar power that would otherwise be exported - OR - do I simultaneously export solar on "normal" circuit, and consume grid power on controlled circuit?

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1

Switched-on

Company information. SA Power Networks is the registered Distribution Network Service Provider (DNSP) for South  17.3.8.4 New Technologies – Solar and Batteries.  17.10.3. The proposed tariff structures for the off-peak controlled load.  but believe there is still sufficient variable charge to encourage.

NomNomNow