Can't find the message button when logged into account

kkerries
Conductor
2 Replies 6091 Views

Hello.

I have logged into my AGL account and want to Chat I can't find the chat button. I have looked at help and found where look for the button ie  logging in to your account and hitting the Message (

kkerries_0-1634549050063.png

) button in the bottom right, or the top left on the AGL app.

However I can't see the button as described. ie that it is at the bottom right when logged into account. 

4 REPLIES 4
Panda
Super Charger
1 Reply 6021 Views

hey kkerries,

How'd you go with the above problem? 

On my app, the chat function is in the help tab, in the top right. It's a speech bubble icon. 

Can you confirm what device are you using & if you've tried the basic troubleshooting options like reinstalling/ensuring the app is up to date (if you're using a mobile to begin with)?

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 6010 Views

@kkerries , thanks for letting us know about this. Some customers have found they're unable to see this button while logged in, and I'm investigating why this might be.

As @Panda suggested, please let us know what device and browser you're using, and if this is happening both on the AGL app and the My Account webpage. Also, please let me know your account number via private message (click my name to send a PM).

kkerries
Conductor
1 Reply 6005 Views

Hi Panda.

I followed our advice and found the chat button in Help as you suggested. However it was on the bottom right not top right as you advised.

Initially it wouldn't do anything when I tapped on the Chat button, but after some time the chat function kicked in and I am now able to message. Coincidently, between when I messaged the Community & when you sent your answer I had to do a factory reset to the phone so had to re-install the app. So for now I am able to chat with my phone.  My phone is a Pixel 3A.

Panda
Super Charger
0 Replies 6001 Views

Glad it worked out, perhaps the UI is different for the pixel 3a compared to my device. 

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.