AGL app issue

RhysT
Conductor
10 Replies 20613 Views

App Electricity Usage- on app is not available at all.I have had multiple complaints to do with the website version(since early 2018) that since they got rid of "agl IQ" lost ability to see detail electricity usage (day, time period etc etc). When I saw that the app was going to be able to give more usage info, thought ok see what that shows, but to date it shows absolutely nothing (not even just high level billing period summary) . The error is always  "Once complete , data for your first usage will appear"

Will this ever been resolved. so ridiculous with the redesign, bring back the old AGL IQ display,  Can't get breakdown like you use to from APP or website. From what I gather if you have solar you get the breakdown info , otherwise you don't.

11 REPLIES 11
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 4092 Views

Hi @RhysT 

I've moved this discussion across to a new topic. Based on when your usage info ceased being updated, my guess as to the cause of this problem would be that you have an interval meter rather than a full smart meter. Interval meters are electronic and read usage in 30 min blocks, but they are not remotely read smart meters and the usage will not appear under the current My Account usage system.

Getting in touch with customer service will help you determine what type of meter you have (or you could post a photo of it). 

If you do have a smart meter and you still aren't seeing usage info on your account, there may be some other technical issue. If you send me a private message with your account details, I can have this investigated for you.

RhysT
Conductor
0 Replies 4031 Views

Hi David,

Sorry I didn't get a notification you had responded to this. 

From app perceptive it actually says I have a smart meter and there isn't an option to put in your own meter read if you wanted (I do it for Gas), but yes It turns out it's a interval meter. I had put in a request for full meter details back to 2019, but from a separate complaint I was sent the full usage breakdown details for the year so far.

I had also rang the digital metering group who ended up agreeing to swap the meter out for a proper smart one.When the Tech turned up to install (yesterday) it was discovered that my apartment shared the same circuit or fuse(something) as another, so they couldn't turn the power off to replace the meter without effected the other apartment. I was told it would have to be referred to Ausgrid to rectify a separation(The tech had taken photos to send them). When the meter was last replace I know there was no sharing.