Rate Type:VL

What does the Rate Type VL mean?

11 REPLIES 11
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 11349 Views

Hi RateTypeVL,

Welcome to the Community!

Can I ask if this detail was listed in relation to electricity rates or gas rates? If you could come back with a screenshot of this information, that'd be great!

Cheers,

Jayden

RateTypeVL
Switched-on
1 Reply 11332 Views

My question was for Power Plan RateTypeVL

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 11326 Views

Hi RateTypeVL,

This doesn't clear things up I'm sorry to say.

Could you please post a screenshot of where you're seeing this information?

Kind regards,

Jayden

-Jenna-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 11009 Views

Hi RateTypeVL,

We would need some further information in order to resolve this one for you.

Please contact us using the below link -

https://www.agl.com.au/contact-us/social/contact-us

Thanks,

Jenna

tim1casey
Switched-on
1 Reply 5340 Views

Hi,

As of a new (Elec/Gas) account setup starting late Jan 2022 (to add to my existing 2 x Elec/Gas) I also have a rate type of VL showing for my new electricity plan. The responses to this original post seem rather poor and then moving it to a different "social" location makes this thread rather useless for anyone looking around in this area.

Please advise what this VL code means as it should be clear when accessing the account.

Another thing that seems to be missing in the plan details is the end date for any 12 month "contract" period, albeit that there is typically no early termination fee (screen shot below shows no plan end date). Full information should be disclosed on the website when looking at the current plan so time to churn or re-negotiate is easily visible.

tim1casey_0-1643264394977.png

The way things are going it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to remain with ones existing providers for any length of time as it often seems that the bulk of the rewards flow to those that are regularly churning to new providers. I've been with AGL for quite a while but that may well be changing quite soon.

John-T
Powerhouse
1 Reply 4209 Views

I to signed up as a new customer in February, i went the whole hog and got a Solar Battery bundle and for the life of me i to do not know what the meaning of VL in rate type means. ??

_Mark_
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 4165 Views

Hi T-J,

In order to help answer this for you, I'm going to send you a private message so that we can investigate.

Thanks,
Mark.

akaAster
Switched-on
0 Replies 3515 Views

Can you explain what 'VL' means on the above post? I'm also new so I'd like to learn about it. Thank you.

58-
Switched-on
1 Reply 3173 Views

What is the rate per c/kWh I am paying please.