usage extremely high

mattm682
Switched-on
1 Reply 2713 Views

hi i recently received a extremely high gas bill compared to my last , nothing has changed , in 57 days one bill was under $200 the next 57days $1000 bill , agl advised to speak to AGN as they read the meters it has been advised i possibly have a faulty meter anyone experience this ? i definitely  don't have a leak had a plumber inspect   VIC Customer 

agl1111.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Ellen1
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2668 Views

Hi Mattm682! 

Welcome to AGL Community! 

That sounds very stressful! High bills can be a cause for concern, but the good news is there is a few checks you can do first. 

First thing I would check was that your bill before this one was an actual reading, not an estimation. With the lock down in Victoria, it is possible that the bill prior to this had to be an estimation, which would cause any unbilled usage to be applied to this bill. 

If that's not the case, then I would recommend running an isolation test. You can do this by check the meter reading, waiting a few hours with NO usage, then check it again. If the meter readings don't change, then your meter likely isn't faulty. 

You can learn more about high winter gas bills on a similar post here: Extremely High Gas Bill

If you are having issues with this, or would like some further support please feel free to reach out to our dedicated team on the AGL App or My Account for further investigations. 

Thank you 

Ellen