We had two smart meters installed two days ago - one is an MK10 D and the other an MK7A
The readings are confusing and do not correspond with the manual, my readings are like this:
EHL1, inl1, EHL2, EHTL, EHL, etc... and each one has a reading already and in 24 hours one reading has gone from zero to 30 kw - normally on our controlled load, we wouldn't use 30 kw in a whole quarter, never mind 24 hours! I am freaking out!! I called AGL and no-one seems to be able to help! I have sent photographs to the digital metering dept, so I am hoping they can help. I cannot have used 30 kw in 24 hrs, there are two people living in this house and we have a small water tank. All the other codes have a reading next them too, so if you added them all up it would equate to over 100kwh - in a 24 hour period!!!! I am so stressed, heart palpitations, what can I do?????
Thanks for your post!
If your meter was only just been installed then we won't have access to your usage data just yet. In the meantime, have you noticed your appliances operating any differently since the meter was installed? E.g. your hot water system producing water hotter than usual.
Our meters were only installed two days ago and no, there is no difference in our hot water or anything... there are only two of us live in this house and we are out most days. The water heats up overnight and our quarterly bill is never more than $60 usually, sometimes less. However, I don't even know if the MK7A meter is the controlled load meter, just that it is sitting in the same place and the other meter the MK10D is also registering a lot of kwh over the last two days, so if I am reading it right, which I am not convinced because of these weird codes... then we have used 100kwh of power in 48 hrs, which is definitely not right.
Thanks for getting back to me!
I can definitely understand your concern here. I encourage you to to check your AGL My Account once your usage data is available within a week or so. You'll be able to comb over the usage information which can be broken down visually into hourly intervals, which'll make any discrepancies far more evident. Once you've had the chance to do this and if you still feel the data is incorrect, please touch base with me and I'll be happy to help further.
In the meantime, please let me know if there is anything else that we can do to help!