Switching to Net Metering

sdnewton17
Switched-on
1 Reply 4788 Views

Hi,

I would like to switch to Net Metering. Currently I have a 2kW solar system with a smart meter that is set to gross metering. My account is now with AGL but the meter was installed by Origin Energy. How do I go about getting it switched over (to net metering)?

thanks,

Scott

4 REPLIES 4
Ellen1
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 4772 Views

Hi Sdnewton17!

Welcome to AGL Community!

If your Premium feed-in tariff has ended you were likely transitioned onto net metering already.

Thank you 

Ellen

sdnewton17
Switched-on
1 Reply 4766 Views

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for your reply and welcome.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm currently getting the 11c feed in tariff credit on my bills for the total amount of electricity generated by my solar panels. Can you please advise me the process to have the metering changed?

Thanks,

Scott

Ellen1
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 4754 Views

Hi Sdnewton17! 

That certainly is disappointing, but not the end of the world. 

Touch base with our Digital Metering Team on 1300 669 245 and they will be able to organise this for you. 

Thank you 

Ellen

homeenergysaver
Conductor
0 Replies 2716 Views

I think I have the same problem. 
After12 months of trying to find out why my solar system was not delivering savings I checked the Australian energy regulator fact sheet. It appears that my system was installed under the original rebate scheme and I have not been switched over to net metering instead of gross metering. 
Why are customers not made aware of this? Especially when asking about why the system is not delivering savings as expected. 

A frustrated customer.