Energy Meters and Connections

Answers on moving house, getting connected or using your electricity and gas meters

Answers on moving house, getting connected or using your electricity and gas meters

Request a smart meter

Switched-on

Would you please advise whether you can ask for a smart meter to be installed or is there a fixed schedule determined by AGL.

23 REPLIES 23

AGL Moderator

Hi mis23, if it is just a standard exchange there is generally no charge for this and we do not require a form to be completed. I would recommend calling the digital metering team on 1300 669 245 and they can review further. 

Semiconductor

Hi Steve,

That's interesting because it was that team I was put through to and who gave me the information I posted in my question. Seems like the team needs some further training because quiet a number of people are being told the same thing.

I will call again and see what response I get this time.

Semiconductor

So I just called them back and was told that because I am in Victoria my electrician does need to fill out the EWR form and there is a cost involved. So confusing

Switched-on

i am going to put solar panels up on the roof shortly and i need to get a smart meter supplied and fitted is there a cost involved and who do i apply to