I have digital meter already . Why I need onsite meter reconfiguration rather than remotely ?

milykara
Switched-on
1 Reply 589 Views

Recently I have my solar panels installed in my new built house in Nov 2021. I requested to upgrade to Solar Saver electricity plan. So the AGL staff said I need meter reconfiguration done prior changing to a new solar plan. 

My installer said the reconfiguration can be done completely remote, which only charge for $20. Today, I have received an AGL email said the technician will come onsite to do the meter recon which will be $165. Why I need onsite meter recon but not remotely reconfiguration ? My meter is a digital smart meter. 

1 REPLY 1
NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 580 Views

@milykara 

When you had your house built and the meter installed did you state that the house had / or will have solar panels.

If you had the correct meter installed when you had the house approved for the electricity connection a meter that supports PEAK, OFF/PEAK and SOLAR would have been installed.

Obviously you need to speak to your builder to confirm that the meter installed would support PEAK, OFF/PEAK and SOLAR.

The solar installer should have checked the meter settings when he installed the solar panels.

As a licenced electrician he should have checked the meter settings to see that solar generation was a setting available on the system.

Cheers

Neil

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.