Gas meter reading incorrect

JanineD
Switched-on
5 Replies 10889 Views

I had a significant jump in gas usage compared to same time last year, even though nothing has changed in terms of usage.

My bill shows a Start Read of 11402 and an "End Read" of 11859 dated 12 August, with a Read Type of "Actual".

However, yesterday 16 August, my meter reading only shows 11668. It seems the meter reading on my bill is incorrect.

Please advise why the discrepancy and whether I can get a bill reissued with the correct meter reading. I can send account details if required.

Thanks,

Janine

9 REPLIES 9
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 10887 Views

Hi JanineD,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

It sounds like your meter reader has unfortunately made an error but it's great that you've picked up on this. You'll need to enter your meter reading online and our customer service team will be in touch thereafter if need be: How do I submit a meter read using My Account?

Kind regards,

Jayden

JanineD
Switched-on
1 Reply 10886 Views

Hi. Your system would not accept my meter reading because it's lower than your incorrect reading.

The problem is unresolved.

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 10885 Views

Hi JanineD,

Thank you for getting back to me.

In this case, you'll need to get in touch with our customer service team here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Hayes98
Switched-on
0 Replies 10795 Views

If the meter reading on your bill is incorrect (or doesn't match the reading on your meter) this usually means your bill was calculated on an estimated reading. Your bill may be estimated if: We didn't receive a meter reading during your billing period. You submitted a reading but it was rejected by the networks first bank credit card.

Hienle
Switched-on
1 Reply 8430 Views

me too. So sick of AGL's dumb gas meter reading repeating problems

-Nam-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 8406 Views

Hi Hienle! 

Welcome to the AGL Community!

You can update your own meter readings directly on your AGL My Account, you can also check out our website on How do I submit a meter read using My Account?

Kind regards, 

-Nam-

pra222
Switched-on
1 Reply 5985 Views

I have had the exactly same issue. 

Have been billed 3103 units
Actual usage only 1028 units
Difference 2075 units

2 bedroom apartment with two adults residing but an average use apparently of 7+ people. When I asked about this component and how it is calculated was told it is computer generated and we don't check billing before an invoice is generated.

The meter read mismatch is not small, clearly a deliberate attempt at revenue raising and not simply "human error" as it was communicated. Customer service trying to resolve the issue has been extremely poor and pushing blame to the gas provider directly. AGL not taking any accountability or responsibility. AGL I pay my bills to you not the gas provider it IS your responsibility to look after YOUR customers.

Unfortunately just another company trying to make additional revenue during trying economical times.

When I asked what compensation AGL or discount they will offer on my next bill, I was told nothing, we will just amend your invoice to the correct amount.

Very very disappointing.

tenorboyo
Switched-on
0 Replies 2547 Views

ah yes, the good ol’ inflated bill scam. This has been an ongoing problem for me which was sorted( i thought) around a year ago? However, without any extra water usage I have leapt from $1:20 nothing to pay. -and similar amounts for months, to $43:00 and some cents. I pointed out to them that the meter was being read incorrectly. They are now trying to say it is correct and a recalculation of previous bills and money owing. I did not accept this of course, so the ‘resolutions team’ guy threatened that he would reopen my entire history and have it ALL recalculated and that I ‘might not like the outcome’. When i told him I had been assured by more than one person that the meters have been incorrectly read he said they gave me wrong information. Think I will be contacting the Ombudsman. They are calculating it as if the 000’s mean nothing and the red numbers are calculating GIGAJOULES hundreds. My usage has not increased. How does my bill leap by over $40?

Vilez1971
Switched-on
0 Replies 2537 Views

If matter is not resolved contact EWON energy water ombudsman nsw