Estimated bills?

Deniser
Switched-on
2 Replies 15218 Views

Both my meters are easy to get at and read - just wondering under what circumstance there would be a reason to send an estimated bill?????.       I believe we pay enough for these utilities without having to do the actual meter reading ourselves.

Kind Regards

Deniser

7 REPLIES 7
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 14972 Views

Hi @Deniser . Your local electricity distributor reads your meter and then sends the reading to AGL. If we receive an actual read from them, (or if you have a smart meter) you won't receive an estimated bill.

You'll only  be sent estimated bills if we don't receive an actual read. Reasons for this can include a meter being inaccessible.

For more detailed info, check out Why do I get estimated bills?

kokilee
Switched-on
0 Replies 12918 Views

I have never received an estimated bill before,why is my meter suddenly inaccessible?

Goneftn
Switched-on
2 Replies 11889 Views

I think I also have an estimated bill as my usage changed significantly over the quarter but my billing rate per day stayed the same.

I have a smart meter so why is this so?

I tried the chat but they are so busy they cannot respond in a reasonable timeframe.

How can one get a detailed daily CSV file of usage?

Michael57
Superconductor
1 Reply 11869 Views

@Goneftn wrote:

How can one get a detailed daily CSV file of usage?

If I go to my Usage page which is blue with the histograms showing usage on it on the right at the top it says Billing Period and just to the left of that a picture of a file with a downward arrow.  (See image below).
That lets me download a csv file of all my usage.

agl-usage.jpg

Goneftn
Switched-on
1 Reply 11862 Views

I do not have that option

Goneftn_0-1667462917966.png

Michael57
Superconductor
0 Replies 11857 Views

Hi 

Ah OK.  Maybe this option is there because I have a Smart Meter.  Do you have a Smart Meter ? 

Regards Michael

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 11831 Views

Hi @Goneftn,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you have a smart meter, most common reason for your bills being estimated is if there are some intervals missing, due to connectivity issues. This barely affects your usage as those half hour intervals either get estimated as 0 or in line with your usage around this time. This is not the only reason for estimated bills, but the most common. 

I will need to access your account to check interval data. I'll send you a private message to grab some account details from you.

Thanks,

-Olgi-