High Gas Usage

campbell4466
Switched-on
1 Reply 6030 Views

Hi All,

We have been in our new home (newly built) for around a year and a half now. We have a ducted heating unit that has a "6 star" energy rating. Our average daily usage for the past two months is 738 MJ (per day). This equated to a bill of around $900 for two months.

Whilst I understand it's winter.... given that my wife and I (with no kids) only have the heater on for 6 to 8 hours a day... it seems extremely high usage. The heater turns on and off during those 6 to 8 hours (not constantly running). The house is around 23 squares of living and is a single story. I have friends in the area with larger homes and that stay home longer with the heater on than we do that have nearly half the usage.

I have had the installers and manufacturers of the unit out to our house several times, but nothing seems to be reducing the bill.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? If so, how did you resolve it?

Regards, Daniel

1 REPLY 1
Jofrei
Switched-on
0 Replies 6024 Views

Just received my gas bill and it’s so much higher than this time last year! Will be calling them to figure out what’s rates I am on and the “pay on time discount” doesn’t equate to what it should either. My advice is ring them to see what they can do.