Unexpected electricity bill after i moved out

Nima1
Switched-on
1 Reply 935 Views

Hi, 

i m getting electricity bills when i vacated the property 5 months before, october 2020.i asked agl for disconnection .  I payed the last bill on december. Then again in march i m receiving bills from december 2020 to february 2021. When i talk with agl agent , they are saying ur disconnection didnt process. And now they say that i have to pay bills when i didnt even live there and when i contacted my real state agen , i came to know that , the property was not leased to anyone in that period. My question is how come i get bill of 64 dollars. When no one was living there and no one was using the electricity. I want explaination of that bill.

1 REPLY 1
NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 900 Views

@Nima1 

The answer is quite simple (and cheap for you).

Your supplier (the person that owns the poles and wires) charges you a daily fee (called the supply charge) which of cause AGL has passed onto you.

The best bit is that no-one is using any electricity.

So at best guess (billing period 90 days) you are paying $0.71 a day for a supply charge.

Ring AGL and supply the correct details and they will close the account!!!!

Cheers Neil

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.