Energy Accounts and Billing

Help with your AGL Energy account or AGL online tools.

Help with your AGL Energy account or AGL online tools.


Hi all

I am wondering if there are any rebates for soeone who has MS and must have an air con to keep cool . Unfortunately I have MS.



Tags (1)

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi Cathy, 


Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. 


For QLD customers, there is a Medical Cooling and Heating Electricity Scheme available. 


You must:

  • be a Queensland resident and
  • have a qualifying medical condition and need cooling or heating to stop your  symptoms becoming significantly worse. Qualifying medical conditions include:
    • multiple sclerosis
    • autonomic system dysfunction
    • loss of skin integrity or sweating capacity
    • severe compromise of functioning such as mobility at extremes of environmental temperature
    • hypersensitivity to extremes of environmental temperature leading to increased pain or other discomfort or an increased risk of complications and
  • live at your principal place of residence, which has an air-conditioning or heating unit.

The applicant and/or legal guardian of a minor with a qualifying medical condition must:

  • hold a current Pensioner Concession Card or a current Health Care Card and
  • be financially responsible for paying the electricity bill.


If you need a copy of this form, you can use this: Link or you can call 13 QGOV (13 74 68) for more information.