Energy Accounts and Billing

Help with your AGL Energy account or AGL online tools.

Help with your AGL Energy account or AGL online tools.

PayPal one off payment

Switched-on

I recently tried to pay a bill using a one off payment option in PayPal. After I said pay now etc it didn't give a a payment confirmation or anything it just redirected me back to the agl website where it had logged me off my account. As I thought it hadn't gone through properly as I didn't receive a email from agl or PayPal to confirm payment, I payed using the agl website credit card option instead and payed it and I received an payment confirmation from agl instantly in my email. 

After doing this I checked my bank account and a PayPal transaction was in my pending transactions but it was for $0.00 for the exact time I tried to pay PayPal but received no confirmation. Does this mean the payment will still be charged via PayPal to my account even though I received no confirmation of payment receipt from PayPal or agl ? 

1 REPLY 1

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Tegs

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community! 

We have not been made aware of any issues with PayPal over the weekend. However if your bank account reflected a payment of $0.00, it would seem that the payment was not successful via PayPal. 

Any payments received by AGL can take up to 3 business days to reflect on your account. If you would like to send us a private message, with your account details - we can confirm what payments have been recently received. 

Link to send private message

Thanks!