My gas bill is too high

loipham0304
Semiconductor
1 Reply 6946 Views

Hi there!

I check on the agl apps, it costs me $425 for last month. I have never got gas bill that much. I compared the gas bill in 2017 same period May-September to this year, it cost me 4 times than last year. My house got only 2 adults and 1 kid. We both work full time and the baby goes to school. We are always at home after 6pm and turn on the heater for 4 hours. It means the gas usage more than $11 per day. It is impossible. Then, I chat with agl member and they said if I ask someone come to check the meter I have to pay. I do not how to fix it up. However, I believed that the gas meter goes wrong.

I have never had problem with AGL before. I am so disappointed. 

5 REPLIES 5
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 6941 Views

Hi loipham0304,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

Can I ask if this bill was estimated by chance? If so, this article may be of assistance: Why do I get estimated bills?

Kind regards,

Jayden

loipham0304
Semiconductor
2 Replies 6940 Views

Hi there!My bill was actual reading. I put the number that what I read on the meter then it appeared the real cost. Your article does not help. 

loipham0304
Semiconductor
0 Replies 6938 Views

That amount ($425) is only for 1 month. We have never used that much! 

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 6932 Views

Hi loipham0304,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Can I ask if this is the first bill that you've received in this new property? Additionally, it can help to check your current meter reading to ensure that it is higher than the 'end read' on this bill. This will indicate whether or not the meter reading is accurate.

Kind regards,

Jayden

loipham0304
Semiconductor
0 Replies 6927 Views

Hi Jayden!

I moved to this house a month ago. However, I lived in this house 2 years ago for 2 years. I have never had gas bill that much. Same period in 2017, we paid the gas bill roughly $130 per month. For this year, it comes up to over $400 per month. It is not reasonable.