Incorrect power discconection

Melanielacey
Switched-on
1 Reply 3916 Views

Hi,

I spoke to someone earlier today because our power was incorrectly disconnected last week. We live in a block of units & someone has moved in and given our unit number incorrectly last September which has switched our energy retailer from energy Australia to AGL. They have moved out and had the power disconnected last week which disconnected it from our unit. I have lost all of the food in my fridge & freezer as a result & have received an invoice from the electrician for having to come out. The girl I spoke to earlier today was going to email me a compensation form to fill in but I still haven’t received it.

i would also like to know how this person has been able to change my energy retailer without having any of my details considering I still had an active account & had not rang myself & asked them to disconnect?

3 REPLIES 3
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 3909 Views

Hi Melanielacey,

Good question!

Keeping in mind that thousands of people move properties every week across the country, energy retailers (not just AGL) subsequently receive thousands of requests to set up new accounts each week. Unfortunately it's simply not possible to double check each of these connections to ensure the correct address and metering information has been provided. We do rely heavily on our customers providing us the correct information to ensure that this is a seamless process and take this on its merits.

I'm sorry to hear that this mistake has had such a negative impact on you and I invite you to get in touch with me via private message if there is anything that you currently need a hand with.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Melanielacey
Switched-on
1 Reply 3908 Views

As mentioned above I need a compensation for, which I was told would be emailed to me & I still have not received.

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 3907 Views

Hi Melanielacey,

My apologies for the oversight.

I encourage you to get in touch with our customer service team via web chat here who'll be able to send you a form by email.

Kind regards,

Jayden