Energy Accounts and Billing

Help with your AGL Energy account or AGL online tools.

Help with your AGL Energy account or AGL online tools.

Excessive Gas Bills

Switched-on

I have been issued 2 excessive gas bills that I do not believe to be correct. After having two lengthy phone conversations and one attempt at the 'chat' feature, I have given up and just paid the bills. 

We live in a small apartment and have 2 gas bills - 1 for gas hot water that we pay our share from a centralised meter for the whole apartment complex, and 1 gas heating (ducted). The rest of our appliances are electric. There is 3 of us who live here and we all work full time so are not home during the day. Over winter, we used our gas heating for approx. 2 hours per night. Our usage did not change over the last 3 months. 

For a one month period, our gas bill was $292 and our gas hot water (for 6 weeks) was $234. During the previous two months, which were equally cold and we had the same usage, yet the bills were $78 and $91. It just makes no sense to me that the bills could increase so significantly in a small apartment when we are barely home. 

I am planning on changing energy suppliers soon but was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue? 

Tags (3)
0 REPLIES 0