Energy Accounts and Billing

Help with your AGL Energy account or AGL online tools.

Help with your AGL Energy account or AGL online tools.

Astronomical bills

Switched-on

For the past 9 years I have been connected with AGL. The power bills have always seemed unreasonable.

I've been paying $2500 to $3000 / year for electricity. 2 people have lived there over that time? The cost of electricity was a major factor in my recent separation from my ex partner. I was very conscious of how much power I used, I suspected she didn't care. So this became a sore point every few months when I had to pay a bill I had worked hard to reduce?

Post separation, I now have to sell my house that I have worked so hard to make a home. She left prior to the current billing period. I have since moved out as I can no longer afford the place. For this billing period, I lived there for a total of 13 days. My latest bill is $400? How on earth can one person that is very conscious of electricity consumption use that much power in 13 days? I use electricity for hot water and lighting. Heating was with a wood fire.

I would suspect my bill has been $400 over what it should be for the past 30 bills. That's about $12,000.

There is no other system in the world that can charge you on a meter that is 40 years old and uncalibrated. And then when in doubt, just make up a number. I will fight this to the end, I will not pay this bill and I will seek legal advice. AGL you are a bunch of crooks. I will never use you again and I will tell anybody to avoid them.

Has anybody else been through something similar?

0 REPLIES 0