AGL does not honour their offer

CathyW
Switched-on
1 Reply 1025 Views

I signed a 2 year contract with AGL which offer me with $100 bonus credit on gas.  That I will be credited $25 in every 6 months.  I followed all requirements and the last bill also stated that I will be credited $25 in next bill.  I finished 2 year contract in Feb and after that I changed to Origin.  They denied my last $25 credit due to my leaving.  However ridiculous!  I fulfilled the 2 year contract, I entitled to get my offer bonus.   I will complain to ACCC if this issue has not be solved.  AGL is not reliable, last time my electricity bonus initial stated that $20 but after billing they said which including GST so I get only $18.19.   And my home address can suddenly change from no 10 to no 25, and then they required me to give evidence!!!  AGL is a lier.

1 REPLY 1
NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 989 Views

@CathyW 

Reckon you will find that AGL has done the right thing.

Check your billing did you get the equivalent of $12.50 reduction in every 90 day billing period.

As to getting $18.19 that is the same as getting $20 less the GST.

(GST is added at 10% at the end of the bill)

So $20 * 0.909090909 is $18.19 so similarly $18.19 *10% is $1.81.

Therefore $18.19 plus $1.81 is equal to $20.00.

This is very basic maths and easily explained in Financial Calculations.

You can trust me, I got 100% in my INTRODUCTION TO ACCOUNTING SIX WEEK COURSE at TAFE back in 1993.

Good luck in your endeavours.

Neil

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.