AGL Gas Bill addressed to the Energy Consumer

SB626
Switched-on
2 Replies 3394 Views

Hi, 

I have a property that was tenanted before and is now vacant. I have received a bill from AGL addressed to Energy Consumer. Please note that I have not set up an account with AGL since the tenants have left and I am not sure why this bill has been sent. Can you please help with what is going on? 

4 REPLIES 4
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 3392 Views

Hi @SB626 , a bill addressed to "Energy Consumer" is generally issued when we own the billing rights to an address but no one has claimed financial responsibility and set up an account for it - for example if the former account associated with the address was closed down but energy is still being used at the address. 

To check on the status you'll need to get in touch with customer service and quote the account number included on the bill.

SB626
Switched-on
1 Reply 3388 Views

Hi, I own the property but have not set this account. Previous tenants have informed their energy retailer and that's the reason the bills are obviously not being delivered in their names. Is there a way that these invoices are stopped. I or the new tenants when they are onboard may inform their preferred energy retailer when needed. If so, I am happy to share the details through a private message. 

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 3383 Views

@SB626 if you no longer want gas supplied to the property, I believe you'd need to contact customer service to have the gas service removed from the property, which we would arrange through your local distributor. If you do still need a gas service to the property, you can simply contact your preferred retailer, whether that's AGL or another company, and set up an account.

I don't have the required access to make those changes to your account myself. If you like, you can send the details through to me in a private message and I'll be happy to pass them through to customer service. However, it would take a bit longer than contacting them directly by phone or web chat.

HelloThere
Conductor
0 Replies 3362 Views

I have hopefully answered your question in full here.

SB626 - you do not have to pay the bill.