The calculation of ussage is not accurate

AaronH
Semiconductor
2 Replies 3270 Views

I am a new AGL user and have just joined for a little more than a week. I have 6.6kw solar panels at home, which have generated an average of about 22-30kw a day in the last week. Our average electricity consumption during the day is 3-5kw. In that case, it should be 19-25kw sold to the grid every day. But what is puzzling is that the AGL program shows that on average only 6-9kw is sold to the grid every day. And every day all its data are shown as estimates only. This is just one of the problems. Another problem is that at the last power retailer, we only used about 10kw per day, and we didn't have solar panels installed at the time. Now that solar panels are installed, electricity consumption is about 15kw at night alone. There is no change in the electricity habits and appliances at home. I feel depressed by comparison.

10 REPLIES 10
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 3125 Views

Hi @AaronH,  welcome to AGL Neighbourhood. 

As there may be a number of reasons why this could be happening, we would need to look into your account to find out more information. I'll send you private message to grab your account details from you. 

Kind Regards, 

-Olgi-

WC
Semiconductor
3 Replies 3067 Views

I'm also experiencing the AGL app not accurately tracking usage despite allegedly pulling the data directly from a smart meter.  They seem to be making up the daily usage then spreading the kwh around to match.  For example my total daily usages for the past week are between 60 and 80 KWh.  On Thursday I had a 10kw solar system installed, which produced 38.8kwh on Friday.  AGL's app shows my consumption between 8am and 4pm on Friday as *zero* kwh, however the day's total it still 70kwh!  The period it shows zero consumption from the grid should total 24~28kwh, (I work from home with heater on).  AGL is claiming my total solar+grid consumption on that day is ~100kwh?!?!  Note that this is not 'estimated'.  The day in question was marked 'estimated' originally but has since allegedly refreshed with an actual read - though I doubt this is true and I'm sure they're still making it up so they can charge what they like.  The day's alleged consumption is almost identical to every other week day before it, and they just move the kwh I didn't consume during the daytime into the remaining hours for that day.  eg the app claims my usage at 3am friday morning is double 3am every other morning for the entire week.  Rubbish.

I've been chasing their support staff about it for days now via the app's completely user-hostile support messaging system and am stuck in a loop of: Rep finally responds, ask dumb question about verifying my address, then fails to respond for the rest of the day until another rep picks it up the next day and asks the same dumb question, then again fails to respond for the rest of the day until another other rep picks it up the day after....

By this stage I can only believe they are intentionally stalling and know they are deliberately stealing from us.  I'm filing an ombudsman complaint today about this and I suggest you do the same if you have the time.

WC
Semiconductor
2 Replies 3047 Views

Update:  they just deleted my online account when I pressed them on the matter - presumably to hide the support message history.   EWON complaint filed.  This company is horrible and they know it.

WC
Semiconductor
0 Replies 3046 Views

Literal crooks.  

AaronH
Semiconductor
0 Replies 3032 Views

I have always thought that the billing algorithm of all power suppliers is very inaccurate, and it is deliberately allowed or even an industry hidden rule. Only if users notice it and keep complaining and making it public will they make concessions, and the ultimate goal is to stop things from fermenting. I will continue to collect evidence and submit complaints to relevant government departments at an appropriate time.

AaronH
Semiconductor
1 Reply 3030 Views

I think you should remember to take screenshots next time. I do this all the time.

WC
Semiconductor
0 Replies 3027 Views

I did take screenshots and have relayed them to EWON.  

Pstof
Conductor
0 Replies 2456 Views

I suspect your usage calculations may never be accurate again! AGL are running rough shot over all of us, I thought the gov was monitoring energy providers behaviours but clearly not. Instead the providers are p leg and telling us it's raining. I hope it works out for you. If not I hope enough of us bombard the current gov demand  fairness back into the system. AGL sitting waiting for us all to put the heater on for 3 minutes so they can charge us for it for a month.

T-N
Conductor
1 Reply 1154 Views

Same, I felt like being robbed