Solar Feed-in Tariff not shown on bill

Bigdog
Semiconductor
1 Reply 7467 Views

I have just received my first bill from AGL after installing solar panels.Although my bill has reduced considerably there are is no solar feed-in tariff shown on the bill. When I rang up to report my meter reading I was told my bill would be $250 less my Solar feed in .My bill has come in @ $250 but shows no feed-in.I have a 6 kw system and know from my observations of the invertor that I am exporting power during the day.Can someone investigate.Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 7456 Views

Hi Brett!

Welcome to the AGL Community.

Can I ask if you've been in touch with AGL to arrange for your meter to be upgraded since your system was installed? You'll need to have your meter upgraded before you're able to record exported power.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Bigdog
Semiconductor
1 Reply 7445 Views

Jayden,

Thanks for the quick response.As far as I am aware my installer was in contact with AGL to organize this.

In fact they informed me that AGL had given a smart meter installation date of early April. In fact I have a text message from AGL dated the 1st of April  stating that  connection will take place in the next 5 days & "to ensure clear access to the meter". I have another text message dated the 3rd of April stating that transfer had been completed.I was a bit dubious when I checked the meter  later and the old meter was still there, but I assumed that they had doing something internally. I am not sure what has happened, but  I am not very impressed. Thanks Brett

@jayden_AGL wrote:

Hi Brett!

Welcome to the AGL Community.

Can I ask if you've been in touch with AGL to arrange for your meter to be upgraded since your system was installed? You'll need to have your meter upgraded before you're able to record exported power.

Kind regards,

Jayden

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 7444 Views

Hi Brett,

Thank you for getting back to me!

If your old meter is still in place then it sounds like your meter upgrade has not gone ahead. This could be for a number of reasons but would be the cause of your FiT not appearing on your bills. To check in on this, I encourage you to get in touch with our Solar New Connections team 1800 680 430.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Bigdog
Semiconductor
2 Replies 7393 Views

Jayden,

Just a quick update. I rang the Supply Team & they informed me that for reasons that they cannot explain my smart-meter has not been installed!!!They have promised that this will be rectified in 10-15 working days.Apparently there has been a complaint raised on my behalf with the complaints team,& someone from there will contact me after the installation to discuss & resolution.Time will tell but at this stage I am far from impressed & will be contacting the electricity ombudsman if I cannot get a fair resolution.Thanks

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 7389 Views

Hi Bigdog,

Thank you for providing this update, though I'm sorry hear that the news was unwelcome!

If you need any assistance throughout this process, please don't hesitate to sing out.

Kind regards,

Jayden

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 7324 Views

@Bigdog 

Hopefully you managed to get this issue resolved. If you're an iPhone user you might be interested to try out the new beta version of the AGL app, which now includes your solar feed-in tariff.