Electric Vehicle Smart Charging trial by AGL Next

brettrob72
Superconductor
3 Replies 28376 Views

Hi
Just trying to find out if I can qualify for this program as I am on the VPP in SA.
Does this disqualify me?

When will people be selected for this trial? 

Thanks kindly

Brett

45 REPLIES 45
Kev0965
Conductor
0 Replies 5978 Views

So good to hear it's about to happen.

So much hype around Electric vehicles at present. Supplying a viable source of cheap sustainable charging will more encourage the uptake of EVs. Wish the the government would further help and encourage also. We here in SA just keep hearing of a mileage tax to offset the fuel exise tax.

Even car manufacturers are ramping up the EV and down the petrol/diesel.

Stephen2Aus
Transformer
0 Replies 5976 Views

brilliant stuff mate, thanks for sharing!

szern
Dynamo
1 Reply 5925 Views

Just some updates.
AGL contacted me last week about the EV Smart charging trial. This is the first phase which covers the installation of the Schneider EV Charger. 

I asked about the V2G phase (which won’t happen so soon), after some checking, even though I have a Nissan Leaf, with it being an older model it wouldn’t be eligible. 

After some questions, explanations of terms of the agreements etc, I was told I’m eligible and I opted in for the first phase.
They contacted me later with further instructions and I took some picture of the meterboard, intended place of installation etc and sent it to them. 

Will now wait for the installers to contact me. 

Stephen2Aus
Transformer
2 Replies 5921 Views

Thanks for posting your experience, very helpful!

I had similar experience, except the Leaf I own is eligible, so am getting a callback ~late June.

Thanks AGL 🙂

brettrob72
Superconductor
1 Reply 5798 Views

Any updates on what is happening to the EV charging trial?

Thanks

szern
Dynamo
2 Replies 5794 Views

I initially had my install scheduled by JetCharge for next week. But there’s been a slight delay in the delivery of the Schneider EVlink Wallbox (mainly due to my vehicle using a Type 1 plug). 
It’s been rescheduled to the last week of April. 

Kev0965
Conductor
0 Replies 5792 Views

Hi,

I am awaiting a call to schedule wallbox fitment. The email I got for further information on router and timeframes landed in my junk mail so it has been delayed through no ones fault. Hopefully jetcharge will organise me a fitment time soon.

Kev0965

szern
Dynamo
2 Replies 5724 Views

Unit installed this morning 😊

15EF1BD5-1099-4135-A8DA-4A3B5DD28021.jpeg

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 5714 Views

@szern Exciting! Let us know how it goes. 😎

Stephen2Aus
Transformer
1 Reply 5217 Views

Late June is here and going fast, haven't heard back yet.

Any AGL reps able to give an update about the V2G phase of the trial?