Electric Vehicles

AGL EV plan

Switched-on

Hi all,

This is a question for AGL staff. Is there an AGL EV monthly plan specifically for EV owners? Currently we are on the solar saver plan which helps when getting a solar rebate, however now that we have an EV, specifically the Renault Zoe, much of our solar power is used by the vehicle. We would probably benefit more from a specifically targeted EV plan for EV owners. Also I am sure other EV users would switch to AGL if a good EV monthly plan was on offer. Sadly living in this fossil fuel focussed country, there are no incentives to buy an EV and apparently the EV report soon to be released by the federal government won't be offering any incentives either. So it would be great if AGL or other Aussie power companies were willing to offer some incentive which I am sure they would also benefit from by attracting additional customers.

5 REPLIES 5

Conductor

https://www.agl.com.au/get-connected/electric-vehicles/electric-vehicle-plan

take a look at the above link.. I've been on it for a while.

Conductor

Funny thing is, the staff need more training on this plan.

3 times in ~May/June, when I was looking for a plan, I called to ask AGL consultants about this plan.

Twice I was referred to the electric vehicle subscription page.  Once, they just gave up and said they didn't know what I was talking about.

All this despite me finding the plan using one of those plan comparison sites, and then a page on the AGL website about it.

To this day, I have no idea what this is: 

Up to $480 in bonus credits over two years*

Or when/how it will be given to me

Can anyone elaborate on that?

AGL Employee

Hi @Stephen2Aus, thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry it sounds like you had a poor experience trying to sign up to our electric vehicle energy plan. As you point out, it sounds as if we need to do a better job of training our customer service agents in how to handle these calls. 

In terms of the $480 in bill credits over two years. Basically a $60 credit is applied on your bill every 3 months - if you are on monthly billing it means every third bill you will receive a $60 credit. This helps to reduce the cost of at home charging for electric vehicle customers. 

Thank you
Liam

Conductor

Thanks!  I'll keep my eye out for the credit 🙂

Conductor

I also had issues signing up but eventually stuck with it and signed up5 months ago. Since then it has been plain sailing and very easy to follow my progress via the AGL App.