Too high Gas bill

KashyapGandhi
Semiconductor
2 Replies 7348 Views

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask if anyone else has faced a similar problem with AGL Gas bill. The gas bill is way too high and they say it is as per previous estimate. Had faced similar problem a year ago and it took them 3 months to resolve it. This time they are again asking me to send the reading and the meter is hard to read as the person who comes to note meter reading himself said that he also does not understand how to read such meter. I think such behaviour is frustrating and this has occurred twice with me. I think if they can't sort out need to move to some other provider. 

8 REPLIES 8
-Jenna-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 7325 Views

Hi KashyapGandhi,

Thanks for being part of the AGL Community!

We do appreciate that receiving an estimated read is not ideal, however, if the meter reader can not get access to the meter, they have no choice but to provide us with an estimated read. If you do have access to the meter, you can certainly provide your own reading. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance with this.

Regards,

Jenna 

KashyapGandhi
Semiconductor
1 Reply 7324 Views

Hi Jenna,

Thanks for your revert and if you say that it is based on estimate so how can you estimate such a high usage as if you look into the previous bills was never given such a high estimate. Sometime I think AGL estimate are to fool their customer and make money. I have heard this excuse all the time can't access the meter, but the reality is the work is not properly done as they don't even ask for access.

-Jenna-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 7322 Views

Hi  KashyapGandhi, 

Please be aware that the estimated reads are sent through from your distributor, not your retailer. They will usually base the estimates on the history of the usage or premise. If you can, please don't hesitate to contact us to provide your own meter reads!

Kind Regards,

Jenna

KashyapGandhi
Semiconductor
2 Replies 7321 Views

Hi Jenna,

It is combine duty of distributor and retailer to send their customer correct bill. Rather than just playing blame game they should work together and make smooth journey for their customers. And if you talking about the history we never had a history of such a high usage. As a customer I am highly disappointed by listening that distributor is the one responsible and rather than fixing the issue by working out with them. Very poor customer service. Customer are asked to get work done to get proper up-to-date bills.

-Jenna-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 7302 Views

Hi KashyapGandhi,

I certainly do appreciate your feedback, it is a frustrating situation, I will pass your feedback on! If there are issues getting access to your meter, and you are in the position to provide your own read, please do so for a more accurate bill. If there are no known access issues, please contact us so that it can be investigated further.

Kind Regards,

Jenna

jaytee
Conductor
0 Replies 6880 Views

Yes its very common,ive been getting ripped off for two years and didnt know it.

jaytee
Conductor
1 Reply 6879 Views

This is what they do they pass the buck,ohh its an estimate lol take it to the ombudsmen or get legal advice they are ripping us off at will it seems

AGL-Customer
Conductor
0 Replies 6672 Views

@jaytee& @KashyapGandhi yes, me too, I've been ripped off as well.

This time due to the estimated gas bill that was 20x higher than the 5 people household, mind you this is just smaller older two people apartment.