Solar water heater meter is faulty

langman
Switched-on
1 Reply 3122 Views

I have just had some repair work done on my solar heater, the plumber reckons the smart meter needs to be reset so that it heats up at the correct times of the day. I believe a technician is required to physically do this on the meter. As it currently stands, I have had no hot water for 2 days, so this is an urgent request. 

3 REPLIES 3
NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 3118 Views

Langman,

Phone AGL and tell them your issue.

Solar is heated by the Sun and of course only works when the sun is available.

Normally Solar heating is not connected to the Grid but can use Off Peak/Controlled load to top up during the night.

You should be able to press the override on you meter to heat during the day if you require it.

Hope this helps.

Hopefully your plumber tested the Electric Heater Element and its settings while he/she was there.

Cheers

Neil

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
langman
Switched-on
1 Reply 3114 Views

Hi Neil

Thanks for getting back to me.

The plumber fixed everything and it is all working, from a plumbing perspective.

He says the smart meter may be faulty. Its timing may be off or it is not properly connected, so the water heater it is not using Off Peak/Controlled load during the night to heat up. He believes a quick reset by an AGL technician should fix it up. The booster/override switch doesn't seem to work either.

How/who do I get hold of at AGL to do this?

Thanks

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 3109 Views

Langman,

You need to phone AGL.

Do you have a smart meter, if so this is easily fixed, if you do not, then I believe your Supplier is still responsible for the meter and AGL will contact them if necessary.

The phone numbers are on the top right hand corner of your bill (131 245 for AGL).

When you  push the booster switch you should hear a relay click in.

If your meter is faulty and is not a Smart Meter the current regulations state that a smart meter must be installed. As you have limited hot water, you may be classed as an emergency.

Did the plumber go on the roof?

Anyway phone 131 245 now and let them know.

Cheers

Neil

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.