Received a bill over $1,000 and someone I don't know has paid it on my behalf

PamelaGilbert
Semiconductor
1 Reply 4239 Views

I have received a bill over $1,ooo and someone has paid it for me and I don't know who it was.  I would like to find out if it was someone in the AGL community, and wonder if there is a project whereby people can donate a few hundred and help out massive bills events like mine.   It is unbelievable like winning Lotto but still I find it hard to believe.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me.   Thanks,

PamiG

3 REPLIES 3
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 4238 Views

Hi PamelaGilbert,

This sounds very unusual!

Can I ask what has given you the impression that this bill has been paid?

Kind regards,

Jayden

PamelaGilbert
Semiconductor
1 Reply 4210 Views

Hi Jaydeny

Thought I replied yesterday but apparently not.  I know that my bill was paid because I called AGL on Thursday and spoke to a Manager/Supervisor just to have the amounts explained to me.  He told me it had been paid - gave the last nos. of the account it was paid from and BSB and neither were mine. He told the name and it was someone I didn't know.  We both laughed a lot and then he thought he should check and rang off.   Another AGL customer service lady called me on Friday in answer to the letter I had sent just to vent my feelings and explain that the meter was clearly accessible to read and why did they keep estimating my readings, etc. etc.  Anyway she too said yes it has been paid, so I was happy to leave it.  I think still it may be an error and am waiting for the call.   Still it feels pretty fine at the moment.

Regards

PamiG

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 4195 Views

Hi PamiG,

Thank you for getting back to me!

If the bank account details (BSB, account number etc) listed against your account do not line up with your details, then there is a good chance that this payment will be dishonoured. I encourage you to log into your AGL My Account to check your account balance to ensure that this hasn't changed.

Kind regards,

Jayden