Overcharged on gas and electricity

Roopen86
Switched-on
1 Reply 2157 Views
Hi,

I received my gas and electricity bill for June / July 2020 and noticed that  the electricity opening balance has been misstated. I subsequently sent the date-stamped photo taken at the time the opening balance should have been read by AGL, which is in contrast to the amount per the bill.

On the gas opening balance, the meter balance was not displaying an amount  at opening balance but do question the accuracy of this reading relative to the amount of gas consumed from 1 gas stove only for 2 people over the period - I am of the view that we are carrying over usage from the previous tenant in our bill ( this is our 1st bill with AGL at this address)  and  no dissimilar  to the electricity for which there is photo evidence.

After numerous attempts on both the webchat and by sending the dispute through to AGL , I have yet to  receive a call or response ( not automated) despite this issue being raised 2 weeks ago.Please advise if this is the norm  or should it be escalated accordingly from your side?

Regards
Roopen
1 REPLY 1
-Jenna-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2119 Views

Hi Roopen86,

Thanks for being part of the AGL Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from us. We can certainly investigate this for you, but we will need to you to contact us directly. I would recommend using AGL Messenger which you can access via the APP or My Account online. 

Kind Regards,

Jenna