How can I find the readings.

bmx
Semiconductor
1 Reply 5113 Views

I recently noticed that our bill has gone up by 50% and then 80%, and then for about 2 years all bills were estimated. I have a suspicion that something fishy is going on with AGL.

There are no reading values (estimated or actual) on the bills, so even if I ask for an actual reading now, all previously overpaid values cannot be verified and accounted for.

How can we ask for the actual reading values for all my previous bills? If I don't get a straight answer, I will go straight to ACCC.

4 REPLIES 4
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 5098 Views

Hi bmx,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

Your AGL bills will always stipulate whether or not your meter reading is 'Actual' or 'Estimated'. You will be able to find this on the second page of your bill underneath a "Read type". If you refer to your past bill within your online AGL My Account, you'll note this. 

Depending on what type of meter you have, your bill may not display start or end meter readings.This is because some energy distributors provide AGL with the total amount of electricity used between date X and date as opposed to more traditional start and end meter readings. This can make billing more confusing in some cases unfortunately, specifically if you're being billed monthly.

Hopefully this help and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Jayden

bmx
Semiconductor
1 Reply 5088 Views

Thanks Jayden!

Not a straight answer.

So basically, if we get overcharged for years there is no way to check that the estimated values matched the reality once a period has passed, and we have nothing to stand on?

There is nothing confusing about the bill. Can you just let us know how we can dispute estimated bill/bills in the past two years? The "estimation" algorithm seems to have conveniently "over-estimated" the usage.

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 5076 Views

Hi bmx,

You're well within your rights to dispute or challenge these bills. To do so, you'll simply need to get in touch with our customer service team here who'll arrange for your usage data to reviewed and verified.

Kind regards,

Jayden

bmx
Semiconductor
0 Replies 5072 Views

Thanks for the link, however my question is about the proof for the validity of the claim and the review. If all there is, is just estimates for bills and no other evidence to back it up other than some made up algorithm, and just one or two actual readings over several years, then I am not sure it will be a fair review.

Regardless I will contact first, but from what I can see I am looking at around $4-$7K of overcharge.