ASTRONOMICALLY HIGH ELECTRICITY BILL

Kaleidoscope
Semiconductor
2 Replies 7970 Views

Screenshot_20190704-173628.png

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY MY ELECTRICITY BILL IS ASTRONOMICALLY HIGH, AND INCREASES MASSIVELY EACH QUARTER! IM ON A PENSION CARD AND AM A SINGLE MUM WHO WORKS FULL-TIME AND MY CHILD IS IN PRIMARY SCHOOL. ITS JUST THE 2 OF US....SO ALL THOSE PEOPLE UPSET AT THEIR BILLS COSTING $300 A QUARTER.... PLEASE LOOK AT MY $1,500+ PER QUARTER AND SOMEONE - ANYONE, PLEASE HELP ME CORRECT THIS MASSIVE AGL ERROR!

THANK YOU FOR YR TIME

6 REPLIES 6
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 7951 Views

Hi Kaleidoscope,

Thank you for your post!

You'll find it more useful to compare your bills for the same period in previous years as usage trends often change seasonally. Can I ask if you are able to access your usage information for February-May 2018?

Kind regards,

Jayden

Kaleidoscope
Semiconductor
1 Reply 7936 Views

Hi Jayden,

Yes I can, and last year it was half the price!

Kindest regards

Sue

Kaleidoscope
Semiconductor
1 Reply 7881 Views
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 7874 Views

Hi Kaleidoscope,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Would you mind confirming the total dollar and kWh values for your bill for February-May 2018?

Kind regards,

Jayden

MF1
Superconductor
1 Reply 7840 Views

Check to see if you have been getting estimated bills by taking your own reading and comparing it with your last bill. If they are estimated your bill will have E next to the reading. If it's estimated and the esimates are incorrect (likely), take your own reading with a photo and email that to AGL and they will adjust your account.

If it's not estimated, the only things which would cause such high bills would be heavy use of things like electric heating and/or aircon.

Failing that, you might either get the meter checked or get it changed out for a smart meter if you don't have one already. Take a reading on the last day of the old meter with a photo.