AGL compaint case #553476

BEN3476
Switched-on
1 Reply 2675 Views

I did not authorize and have no connection for an AGL gas contract for over eight years from 2008 to 2017. AGL ask me to provide 100 points identity check to start the investigation.

AGL told me there is still 30 points to be met for the identity check. For this remaining 30 points I have sent AGL a 6 months bank statements and 1 month landline bills which are both within the contract period.

However, AGL replied me by Email that they cannot start the investigation without the bank statements and landline bills over the contract period, which is over eight years.

What basis can AGL require documents for the whole contract period for identify check purpose. Since I did not authorize the contract I did not agree with AGL’s contract term for this fake account.

AGL should explain on what basis they cannot start the investigation without me providing them the documents for the whole contract period (eight and half years) for 100 points identity check purpose.

1 REPLY 1
BEN3476
Switched-on
0 Replies 2660 Views

With EWON case escalated, AGL escalation team now need to re-assess the timing factor, customer impatience, default amount and review fine figure

Never thought the gas lever mechanism works like this.